All chess player Yasser Seirawan
51 All chess player
Living place: Syria
Birthday: 24-3-1960 (62 years old)
Population of the world 1960: 3.039 billions
Global rank: #61218
Phone number: updating
Yasser Seirawan is a chess grandmaster and four-time United States champion. He was the one who won the World Junior Chess championship in 1979. Yasser Seirawan is also the author of many books and commentaries on chess.
Yasser Seirawan started playing chess when he was 12 years old. At the age of 13, he became the champion of the Washington chess tournament. At the age of 19, he was the defending champion of World Junior Chess. He once competed with the famous player Viktor Korchnoi. Viktor Korchnoi invited Yasser Seirawan to Switzerland to tutor him so that he could compete against Anatoly Karpo.
Yasser Seirawan was the chief editor of Inside Chess magazine for 12 years. In 1999, Yasser Seirawan had an undefeated match against player Michael Adams in Bermuda. In 2011 and 2012, he was the champion of the Dutch Open Blitz.
Seirawan has written quite a few books, the "Winning Chess" series co-authored with IM Jeremy Silman featuring:
- Winning Chess Combinations - How to recognize the main combination patterns; somewhat of a follow up to Winning Chess Tactics
- Winning Chess Tactics - Introduction to tactics with puzzles
- Play Winning Chess - Introduction to chess and some basic strategies
- Winning Chess Endings - Introduction to the endgame
- Winning Chess Brilliancies - Notable games analyzed by the author
- Winning Chess Strategies - How to use small advantages and use strategies to gain them
- Winning Chess Openings - Brief descriptions of the most popular openings, and opening strategies.
Winning Chess book series published by Microsoft Press, now published by Everyman Chess:
- Take My Rooks (with Nikolay Minev), International Chess Enterprises.
- Chess on the Edge (with Bruce Harper) - collected games of Grandmaster Duncan Suttles, published by Chess'n Math Association in March 2008.
- Chess Duels: My Games with the World Champions, Everyman Chess.
He married a FIDE master named Yvette Nagel, daughter of former President Leefbaar Nederland and politician Jan Nagel.
Yasser Seirawan birthday 24-3-1960 (at the age of 62).
Where is All chess player Yasser Seirawan's birth place, what is Zodiac/Chinese Zodiac?
Yasser Seirawan was born in Damascus, of Syria. Mr working and living in Syria. Mr, whose Zodiac is Aries, and who Chinese Zodiac is The Rat. Yasser Seirawan's global rank is 61218 and whose rank is 51 in list of famous All chess player. Population of the world in 1960 is about 3.039 billions persons.
Portrait of Yasser Seirawan
Young image of chess grandmaster Yasser Seirawan
Image of Yasser Seirawan and a chess board
Image of Grandmaster Yasser Seirawan with a bright smile
Portrait of Grandmaster Yasser Seirawan
Top famous All chess player
Top famous Zodiac of Aries
Top famous Chinese Zodiac of The Rat
Top celebrities born in 1960
Top celebrities born in March
Top celebrities born in 24th
Born in Damascus
Comment: Your name:
Events in 1960 and 24-3
Events in the world in the birth year of Yasser Seirawan
- American U-2 spy plane, piloted by Francis Gary Powers, shot down over Russia (May 1).
- Khrushchev kills Paris summit conference because of U-2 (May 16).
- Top Nazi murderer of Jews, Adolf Eichmann, captured by Israelis in Argentina (May 23)—executed in Israel in 1962.
- Communist China and Soviet Union split in conflict over Communist ideology.
- Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria, Madagascar, and Zaire (Belgian Congo) gain independence.
- There are 900 US military advisers in South Vietnam. Background: Vietnam War
Birthday Yasser Seirawan (24-3) in history
- Day 24-3 year 1603: Queen Elizabeth passed away at 69 at Richmond Palace after ruling England for more than 40 years. She is buried at Westminster Abbey, London, UK
- Day 24-3 year 1882: Robert Koch announced the discovery of the tuberculosis bacillus.
- Day 24-3 year 1949: Laurence Olivier's Hamlet became the first British film to win an Oscar.
- Day 24-3 year 1958: Rock 'n' roll star Elvis Presley joined the U.S. army for two years.
- Day 24-3 year 1989: In one of worst oil spills in recent history, the tanker, Exxon Valdez, ran aground and released 240,000 barrels of oil into Prince William Sound.
- Day 24-3 year 1999: NATO begins launching air strikes in an attempt to force Serbia to cease hostilities against ethnic Albanians in Kosovo.
- Day 24-3 year 2002: Halle Berry became the first African-American actress to win a best actress Oscar and Denzel Washington became the second African-American actor to get the best actor award.
- Day 24-3 year 2004: The notorious Bird family's more than half-century stronghold on the nation of Antigua and Barbuda came to an end when Baldwin Spencer won the post of prime minister in the general election.