Film Roger Deakins
Living place: England
Birthday: 24-5-1949 (74 years old)
Global rank: #60923
Phone number: updating
Roger Deakins is known as a famous British cinematographer. He is best known for his films: Shawshank Prison (made in 1994), No Country for Old Men (made in 2007) and Skyfall (made in 2012). He often works with directors: the Coen brothers, Sam Mendes and Denis Villeneuve.
He accepts was nominated for 4 awards by the Association of Cinematographers of America for the films: The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (made in 2007), No Country for Old Men (made in 2007), The Reader (made in 2008) and the movie Revolutionary Road (made in 2008).
For his contributions, in 2013 he was honored to receive the CBE award on the birthday of the Queen of England.
He later studied graphic design at the Bath School of Art and Design. While studying here, he discovered a new passion that is photography. He worked as a photographer and attended National Film and TV School in the UK.
In 1986 he became a member of the British Association of Cinematographers (BSC).
In 1994 he became a member of the American Association of Cinematographers (ASC).
From 2004 to 2007 he was a member of the Board of Governors of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (Cinematographers Branch)
Roger Deakins birthday 24-5-1949 (at the age of 74).
Where is Film Roger Deakins's birth place, what is Zodiac/Chinese Zodiac?
Roger Deakins was born in Torquay, of England. Mr working and living in England. Mr, whose Zodiac is Gemini, and who Chinese Zodiac is The Ox. Roger Deakins's global rank is 60923 and whose rank is 12 in list of famous Film.
Cinematographer Roger Deakins Portrait
A photograph of Roger Deakins- Famous British Cinematographer
Image of Cinematographer Roger Deakins
An image of Cinematographer Roger Deakins
Top famous Film
Top famous Zodiac of Gemini
Top famous Chinese Zodiac of The Ox
Top celebrities born in 1949
Top celebrities born in May
Top celebrities born in 24th
Born in Torquay
Comment: Your name:
Events in 1949 and 24-5
Events in the world in the birth year of Roger Deakins
- Twelve nations sign the North Atlantic Treaty establishing NATO (Apr. 4).
- German Federal Republic (West Germany) established (Sept. 21).
- Communist People's Republic of China formally proclaimed by Chairman Mao Zedong (Oct. 1).
- South Africa institutionalizes apartheid.
- Britain recognizes the independence of the Republic of Ireland. Northern Ireland remains a part of the United Kingdom.
Birthday Roger Deakins (24-5) in history
- Day 24-5 year 1844: Samuel Morse transmitted the first telegraph message, in which he asked, "What hath God wrought?"
- Day 24-5 year 1883: The Brooklyn Bridge, linking Manhattan and Brooklyn in New York City, opened to traffic.
- Day 24-5 year 1899: W.T. McCullough of Boston, Mass., opened the first public garage. One could rent space for selling, storing and repairing vehicles.
- Day 24-5 year 1935: Major League Baseball’s first night game was played under the lights at Cincinnati’s Crosley Field as the hometown Reds defeated Philadelphia, 2–1.
- Day 24-5 year 1958: The United Press and the International News Service merged to form United Press International (UPI).
- Day 24-5 year 1976: The British and French Concordes made their first commercial flights.
- Day 24-5 year 2000: Israeli troops pulled out of Lebanon after 18 consecutive years of occupation.
- Day 24-5 year 2001: Vermont senator James Jeffords quit the Republican Party and became an Independent, giving Democrats control of the Senate.