Poet Erich Fried
Living place: London
Birthday: 6-5-1921 (102 years old)
Global rank: #80508
Phone number: updating
Erich Fried is an English-Austrian poet known for his political and love poems, as well as a writer and translator. As a writer, he mainly writes plays and short novels and also translates the works of various British writers from English to German. He also translated works of various English writers such as William Shakespeare from English to German. His published works include:
- Three Prayers from London in 1945
- A soldier and a girl in 1960
- Empire of the Stones published in 1963
- Warning Poems published in 1964
- Considerations published in 1964
- Children and fools published in 1965
- And Vietnam and published in 1966
- Controversies published in 1967
- The Legs of Greater Lies published in 1969
- Poesiealbum published 1969 version
- Among Side Enemies published in 1970
- Freedom to open mouth published in 1972
- Listen to Israel published in 1974
- So I came among the Germans published in 1977
- 100 poems without a fatherland published in 1978
- Love Poems published in 1979
- It is what it is published in 1983
- For clarity published in 1985
- Sometimes even laughter published in 1986
In 1982 he regained his Austrian citizenship while retaining his nationality. British citizenship. After his death, an Austrian literary prize was named after him - the Erich Fried Prize.
Erich Fried experienced 3 marriages: In 1944, he married to Maria Marburg and had a son together, his son Hans, a marriage that lasted only until 1952 after years of conflict that lasted since 1946. In the same year, he went on to marry Nan Spence Eichner, they have two children together, David born in 1958 and Katherine born in 1961, the two divorced in 1965. In 1965, he married for the third time Catherine Boswell and had three children, Petra, born together. 1965, Klaus and Tom were born in 1969.
He translated works of William Shakespeare into German.
Erich Fried birthday 6-5-1921 (at the age of 102).
Where is Poet Erich Fried's birth place, what is Zodiac/Chinese Zodiac?
Erich Fried was born in Vienna, of Austria. Mr working and living in London, of England. Mr, whose Zodiac is Taurus, and who Chinese Zodiac is The Rooster. Erich Fried's global rank is 80508 and whose rank is 827 in list of famous Poet.
Portrait of Poet Erich Fried
Erich Fried famous British poet
Latest picture of Poet Erich Fried
Picture of Poet Erich Fried in his working corner
A picture of Poet Erich Fried
Top famous Poet
Top famous Zodiac of Taurus
Top famous Chinese Zodiac of The Rooster
Top celebrities born in 1921
Top celebrities born in May
Top celebrities born in 6th
Born in Vienna
Comment: Your name:
Events in 1921 and 6-5
Events in the world in the birth year of Erich Fried
- Major treaties signed at Washington Disarmament Conference limit naval tonnage and pledge to respect territorial integrity of China.
Birthday Erich Fried (6-5) in history
- Day 6-5 year 1882: Congress passed the Chinese Exclusion Act over President Chester A. Arthur's veto.
- Day 6-5 year 1889: The Universal Exposition opened in Paris, marking the completion and dedication of the Eiffel Tower.
- Day 6-5 year 1937: The German airship Hindenburg blew up and burst into flames at Lakehurst, N.J.
- Day 6-5 year 1941: Dictator Joseph Stalin became the premier of Russia.
- Day 6-5 year 1954: British athlete Roger Bannister became the first person to run a mile in under four minutes (3:59:4).
- Day 6-5 year 1994: The Chunnel between England and France officially opened.
- Day 6-5 year 1999: Scotland elected its first separate parliament in three centuries.